Gluten Free Semolina cake with Crunchy honey pistachio
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Advanced
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1/2 cup (1stick) unsalted butter,room temperature
- 1 cup gluten free flour (or regular flour)
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon plus a pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup finely ground semolina flour
- 4 large whole eggs, separated
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup pistachio for toppings
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tbs egg whites
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 10-inch springform pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl, with mixer on high speed, beat eggs and sugar until thick and pale -- about 5 minutes. Reduce mixer speed to low and drizzle in oil, beating until blended. In a medium bowl, mix flour, semolina, baking powder, and salt. Whisk into the egg mixture until combined. Stir pistachios and lemon rind into the batter. Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
- Place cake on the middle rack of the oven and bake until golden and cake tester or toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean -- 30 to 35 minutes.
- Stir 1 tablespoon honey, water. Boil until reduced by half -- about 10 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- Using a toothpick or skewer, poke deep holes into the hot cake in the pan. Drizzle half of the syrup evenly over top of cake, allowing it to be absorbed, then pour the remaining syrup over the cake. Cool cake completely.
- Carefully transfer cake to a cake plate. Drizzle remaining 2 tablespoons of honey over the top of the cake. Garnish with a pistachio nuts, if desired.